Why Hire Doug Atkinson
Doug Atkinson has successfully defended hundreds of clients charged with intoxication offenses. Many of these were considered cases “you can’t win”, including automobile accident DWI cases as well as high breath and blood alcohol test cases. However, by utilizing his years of experience and training to evaluate each case with a fine toothed comb, Doug was able to find ways to defend cases that looked impossible at first glance. While many attorneys plea hard cases; Attorney Doug Atkinson fights every case. Doug approaches all his clients’ cases aggressively and with a focus on winning.
Experienced Conroe DWI and DUI Attorney
It is critical to hire an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. An attorney who practices in many areas of law may be less effective than one who focuses solely on criminal defense. Since 1998, Doug Atkinson has focused his practice on criminal defense, and more specifically on DWI and DUI defense. By concentrating on DWI defense, Doug has been able to hone his knowledge and abilities to successfully defend those charged with DWI, BWI, and DUI in Conroe and surrounding areas.
When a criminal defense lawyer is hard working and skilled, it benefits the client immensely. Many times the reputation, work ethic, and skill of the lawyer representing the client can seriously affect the outcome of the client’s case. When Attorney Atkinson handles your DWI case, he will work hard to defend you and your rights. By demonstrating his skills and ability in the courtroom, and his strong work ethic, Doug Atkinson has successfully defended hundreds of DWI cases. A DWI conviction can result in very severe legal consequences. If you have been charged with DWI in Conroe, or a surrounding area, you will need a hard-working lawyer on your side.
It is very important for an attorney to work locally and to have ties to the community. Doug Atkinson has lived in Conroe since 1976. Doug went to school in Montgomery County before attending The University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M, and South Texas College of Law. He works alongside community leaders in local community charities and civic organizations. Specifically, Doug is or has been a member of the Conroe Noon Lions Club and the Board of Directors for The Montgomery County Committee on Aging d.b.a. The Friendship Center to give back to his community.
Doug Atkinson Cares about His Clients
It is important to work with an attorney that communicates with you and keeps you informed about your DWI case. Doug Atkinson and his staff will always communicate with you. Doug realizes the stresses that affect those charged with DWI and will work hard to be honest with you and give you the information you need to make good decisions. Doug’s office will supply you with evidence including videos, audio recordings, offense reports or make his office available to you to review your case.
Finally, and most importantly Doug cares about his clients as people and about their case. He understands the devastating effects a DWI or DUI can have on a person’s life. Doug will work hard to make the process of defending your DWI as stress free as possible. Doug prefers his clients let him shoulder the stresses of their case so his clients can move forward in their lives without being weighed down by the fear of prosecution. Finally, Doug takes great pride in expunging the criminal history created by a DWI or DUI for his clients when allowed by law.
For years, Doug Atkinson has defended citizens charged with DWI. Past clients have consistently referred Mr. Atkinson to their friends and family. These referrals are an excellent indicator of the level of confidence and satisfaction that Mr. Atkinson’s clients have for his services and abilities. Doug greatly appreciates the trust prior clients and friends exhibit by referring their loved one to him for DWI defense.
Douglas W. Atkinson is native Texan who moved to Conroe in 1976. He attended Willis High school and graduated in 1989. In the fall of that year, Doug enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin where he joined the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity. Doug later transferred to Texas A&M and finished his college education at Sam Houston State University where he graduated with a degree in communication.
In the fall of 1995, Doug continued his education at South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas. While in law school, Doug was elected Student Bar President. As President, he worked with the school administrators to facilitate the school’s affiliation with Texas A&M University and coordinated other community service projects.
While in law school Doug’s interest in criminal law became evident. He excelled in his criminal courses and received the highest grades in his class in both Criminal Procedure and Criminal Trial Advocacy.
Doug graduated law school in 1998 and was licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas in November of that year. Immediately upon graduating law school, Doug began his criminal law practice in Conroe, Texas. Since 1998, Doug has defended those charged with a broad variety of criminal offenses with an emphasis on DWI, DUI, and other intoxication offenses. He has successfully defended hundreds of clients charged with DWI in Texas through jury acquittals, motions hearings, and by skillful negotiation with prosecutors. Doug has successfully defended DWI cases involving automobile accidents, including clients with high
blood alcohol test results.
Doug is licensed to practice law in all Texas State Courts, the United States Southern District of Texas, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Doug Atkinson has attended numerous DWI legal seminars across Texas, and is a member of several National and Texas professional organizations committed to defending citizens charged with Driving While Intoxication.
The University of Texas at Austin 1989-1991
Texas A&M University 1991
Sam Houston State University, Bachelor of Arts 1994
South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctorate 1998
DWI, Criminal Defense, and Legal Training
- 1999 Criminal Trial Advocacy Institute
- 1999 Federal Law Short Course
- 2000 Winning Edge Seminar
- 2000 Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer Association “DWI 2000”
- 2000 DWI Demonstration Trial
- 2000 DWI Trial Notebook “Atticus Finch” Series I
- 2000 Local Rules Governing the District Courts of Conroe
- 2000 An Evening with the Judges
- 2001 Post Mata DWI Practice “Atticus Finch” Series II
- 2001 My Texas Bar Presentation
- 2001 Broadus Spivey Ethics
- 2001 Texas Fair Defense Act
- 2002 Criminal Law Conference
- 2002 Winning Edge Seminar
- 2002 Challenging Searches
- 2003 Learn Trial Techniques from the Masters (Criminal Defense)
- 2003 Winning Edge Seminar
- 2003 Search and Seizure
- 2003 Juvenile Law – A Rural Perspective
- 2004 Top Gun DWI
- 2004 Punishment Phase; Pleas and Sentencing Alternatives
- 2005 Juvenile Arrest and Confession; Guns, Drugs & Aliens
- 2005 Criminal Behavior in Family Cases
- 2005 Rules of Evidence for Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2005 Understanding the Basics of Sex Offender Obligations
- 2005 A Day in the Life of a Jury Trial
- 2005 Overview of SAFPF (Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility)
- 2005 Mentally Impaired Case Load
- 2006 Quick Criminal Update
- 2006 Jail Procedures
- 2006 Case Law Update
- 2006 19th Annual “Rusty Duncan Advanced Criminal Law Seminar”
- 2006 Family Violence
- 2006 Sex, Lies, and Cyberspace
- 2007 Legislative Update
- 2007 Criminal Law Boot Camp
- 2007 Capital Punishment: A Review of Recent Developments
- 2007 Defense Trial Tactics to Win a DWI Breath Test Case (materials only)
- 2007 Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases
- 2007 Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Certification Course (NHTSA) (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- 2008 The Rule Of Law: What You Mean To It
- 2008 Defense: DWI Winning Edge
- 2009 David Burrows presents the DWI Defense Project
- 2009 16th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence
- 2009 7th Annual Top Gun DWI
- 2010 17th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence
- 2011 9th Annual Top Gun DWI - Blood, Breath & Beyond
- 2011 18th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence
- 2011 Cross Examination
- 2012 19th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases
- 2012 Fundamentals of Gas Chromatography for Lawyers
- 2013 20th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases
Specialized Association Memberships
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Montgomery County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Attorney Doug Atkinson is a member of each of these associations and he attends annual seminars presented by many of them. Doug Atkinson is an invited member of the prestigious College of the State Bar demonstrating his dedication to excellence in the practice of law through extensive continuing legal education.
View our firm's profile at FindaDUIAttorney.com.
Contact Conroe DWI attorney Douglas Atkinson to discuss your DWI case today!
Douglas Atkinson defends clients charged with DWI in Texas, including the following counties: Montgomery County, Harris, Walker, Grimes, San Jacinto, Madison, Trinity, Polk, and Liberty County. Attorney Atkinson also services the following cities: Conroe, the Woodlands, Huntsville, Magnolia, Willis, Spring, Montgomery, Navasota, Madisonville, Coldspring, Trinity, Cleveland, and Houston. The law office of Douglas Atkinson is conveniently located in Conroe, a block away from the courthouse.